PDA

View Full Version : V&H Pro Pipe and Dyno sheet

ejones
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, I got my Sabre back today. ProPipe, K&N filter, and dynojet kit. I had it dyno tuned also. I had the shop do a before and after on the dyno.

Details- I have a 2007 Sabre with 2,801 miles when they did the dyno with the stock equipment and Honda 10w40SJ oil. Dyno readings for stock was 48.6 max HP and 58.6 ft-lbs max torque.

After Pipe,filter, jetting- 53.9 max HP and 65.8 ft-lbs max torque.
An improvement of about 5.5 HP and 7.5 ft-lbs of torque.

Dyno sheet is attached.

Now to my 2cents. Going to take a little time to get use to the 2in1 look for me. I really like the sound low and deep rumble that isn't too loud. I feel the difference in throttle response, twist the wrist and she takes off. The bike seems quicker 0-60. Overall I am very happy.:headbang:

I hope that the attached dyno and the numbers with the power band will help others. I've searched hi and low for hard proof before I bought and couldn't find anything. This site has helped me so much I hope this little bit of info will assist others.

Redd
07-10-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a dyno sheet for a Sabre. I'd like to see what a regular 2into2 set of pipes does on the Dyno.

ejones
07-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Redd- I haven't seen a dyno sheet either on the forum, I know there has to be some out there. As for the dual pipes I've heard both sides of the fence- Minor improvement to a loss. Always puzzled by the loss side. It would be neat to see though.

vrmvrm
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
EJ,

Old news to some, I had a turnout welded to my Propipe for looks. As soon as funds will provide, I'm getting it powdercoated.

MinotaurAce
07-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting the information.

dondyn
07-12-2010, 05:15 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a dyno sheet for a Sabre. I'd like to see what a regular 2into2 set of pipes does on the Dyno.

Here is what my bike dynoed at with Hard Krome American Classic pipes.

ejones
07-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Here is what my bike dynoed at with Hard Krome American Classic pipes.

Dondyn- I like where your sheet had temp/hum. listed. I thinking posting Dyno sheets are great. Hard proof on what people are talking about. Like your numbers!! You do anything more than pipes, filter, jetting?

dondyn
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Dondyn- I like where your sheet had temp/hum. listed. I thinking posting Dyno sheets are great. Hard proof on what people are talking about. Like your numbers!! You do anything more than pipes, filter, jetting?

Hey ejones nope just k&n filter pipes and jet kit. Ya the dyno sheets are helpfull I was having a hesitation at 1/4 throttle and this helped to figure out what the problem was.

Redd
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks Dondyn, I'm about to put myself a K&N and a set of Roadburners on.
Right now, I just have my Staggered Straights and the idle adjusted.

MinotaurAce
07-13-2010, 10:36 PM

You just put your HK's on and you're already replacing them??? :suspicious:

Redd
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
You just put your HK's on and you're already replacing them??? :suspicious:

LOOOOOOOONG story. I'll explain the whole deal when I put my Roadburners on.

dondyn
07-15-2010, 09:30 PM

No problem, are you going to rejet? The roadburners are nice pipes! youll like them.

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
The roadburners are nice pipes!

I'll second that Don. Are you about ready for the ride?

Redd
07-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm going to rejet once I get my K&N. Everyone's said that just the pipes alone won't require anything but adjustments.
I want to make sure this is true, if not I'll just put the stocks back on before EMW.
Not that everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about, just would like to hijack for your suggestions.

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Firm believer in "Never do new mods just before a road trip", so I agree with not re-jetting before EMW. How is the decel popping/performance on the current pipes (HK's)? I think you'll be in the same ballpark with the RoadBurners. the Roadburners have slightly larger diameter exit than the HK which mean they scavenge better, but they are also a bit longer (atleast the front is) The better a pipe scavenges, the more likely you are to be running lean. Besure to set the idle jets out to 3 1/2 turns to help the decel popping.

Redd
07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
It's been running fine. The wife and I will be heading on a 2.5 hr long trip Saturday to see how it's going to do on the long haul. So far it's just a little bit of pop on decel. The first day I walked into work after install, the CSR up front's eyes lit up and he said, "NOW it sounds like a bike!". That made me smile for the rest of the day.
I'm planning on using some of that titanium exhaust wrap on the Roadburners. A friend and I were looking into exhaust wrap, and I saw this pic and decided with what look I'm going for, this is better than what I could imagine!
http://www.deicycle.com/files/Titanium-Headers-lower-view.jpg

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Aquainted with the guy who makes those pipes. Extremely loud. BTW, thats a Victory engine.

Redd
07-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, just the wrap. For the Roadburners, I'm going to wrap them down to the mounting brackets. I just think that it looks so awesome.

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Sounds good, leaving a bit of chrome never hurt anything.

Redd
07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I want my bike to be a bad V-Twin tourer by the time I get it the way I want it. That way I can take it to the dragon and ground pound, but then take my Super Sport Tourer on those long hauls where I won't stop for gas every 100 miles.

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:33 PM
The Handa gets about 130 miles or so before I look for gas, The Victory? I start looking around 180-200 miles. Best estimate (haven't pushed that far) is she good for 220-240 miles between tanks.

Redd
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I heard a guy in town say that the one he test drove got around 50 mpg. That's just incredible!

When I get ready to look for another bike I want either a Vic or an ST of some kind, just gotta keep the Sabre. I'll probably pass it on to my kid!

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I keep the honda for when my kids are in town & not on their bikes. Its been a good bike.

Redd
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I love my Sabre, it has a sort of emotional value to me. It was the first bike I ever could pick out in a group, and my dream bike from the first time I saw it. When I bought mine I was almost in tears cause I couldn't believe that I had it.
I know that sounds kinda stupid, but I just seriously was overwhelmed!

Aquaskier
07-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I love my Sabre, it has a sort of emotional value to me. It was the first bike I ever could pick out in a group, and my dream bike from the first time I saw it. When I bought mine I was almost in tears cause I couldn't believe that I had it.
I know that sounds kinda stupid, but I just seriously was overwhelmed!

Ok, this is getting kinda weird. Uh, got to go polish the chrome on my bike. G'night....
Not much into touchy-feely shit.
j/k...

MinotaurAce
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
That pipe wrap does get pretty dirty looking after a while, just be aware of that. Still looks cool, but it won't stay looking that nice for very long.

dondyn
07-16-2010, 03:54 AM
I'll second that Don. Are you about ready for the ride?

If your refering to Sturgis then hell ya if your refering to this weekend i cant go. taking the kids camping by dardanelle so we will be looking out for the bright yella bike riding by. got the bike put back together had to have a weld repaired on the front pipe, changed out the rear brake pads, new brake fluid, final drive oil oh and a new rear tire. The right side bag came off and back on a lot easier and thanks for letting me use your manual its been very helpfull with all the work Ive been doin to the bike!!

hascal
07-26-2010, 05:31 AM
my v&h pro pipes should be here in the
next day or so. i will give em a try before
i get my carb rejetted(maybe it's not necessary)

Cynic
07-26-2010, 06:50 AM

if you still have the stock air filter, you probably won't have to rejet. Changing either the filter OR the pipes rarely requires rejetting....changing BOTH the filter AND the pipes almost always requires rejetting.

ShagNasty
07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I rode my bike w/Pro Pipe, stock filter and jetting and a/f adjusted to 3.5 for about 2 weeks and concluded that it was running lean. I added the SmartPartz baffle to tone the exhaust down and because it is advertised to richen the mixture slightly. I had the K&N filter and jet kit sitting on a shelf in the garage and concluded the bike was still running lean and that when I added the filter it would lean out more. I had the tech at the dealership ride the bike (I installed the filter) to confirm the need for the jet kit and he did confirm, stating that if left running in a lean condition it would be a matter of time before the lean condition could evolve into serious upper engine (valves) problems. After the jet install the same tech test rode the bike again and when he pulled up he had a big shit eating grin and stated that the improvement is one of the biggest he has experienced.

MinotaurAce
07-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Mine was much too lean with stock filter and A/F adjustment also, it rode, but not they way it was capable of running. After installing the jet kit the bike really woke up, not a single regret about installing it.